Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Cookie Baking

On the Monday before Christmas Eve we made sugar cookies. I was feeling a little off due to some issues with my teeth (involving a few trips to see my father in law and more to come), but wanted the kids to enjoy this.  My mom was here which was great for her since she wouldn't do this just for herself and gave me an extra hand.
 
The kids are getting older too which means they can do more on their own.  These cookies weren't for anyone besides us so I didn't really care how they turned out  It really turned out to be a fun memory for us.
 






 Now I must explain the picture below... Kyle rolled all his own cookies and had a few issues with not enough flour and sticking to the rolling pin etc.  Well, when we was getting his cookies off his tray after baking...he says.. ummm Mom?.. I walk over and see him looking very perplexed and trying not to giggle....
 Check out his cookie.  Well, appropriate or not, I burst out laughing and said we gotta take a picture of that.  Oh did we laugh and tease Kyle about making inappropriate cookies!  This cookie now is appropriately covered but no one seems to want to eat her, lol!


 Just love this picture of my Mom.




No comments: