Friday, September 21, 2012

I'm still alive!!!

Well, I have never had many blog followers, but the most effective way to lose the few you have is to stop updating your blog! So here is an update:

  • Work - I am really enjoying my new job.  Just this week, my last team member started.  It is exciting to see where God will take these ministries with this new staff.  Hopefully, I will get some margin to get more on top of things enough that we can start to figure out what kind of improvements we need to make! I have been working a lot, but that will start to slow down as well.
  • Jim's work - Jim has been super super busy as well with work which has made life a little more complicated, but all is good.
  • Conner - He is back in school and playing football. 
  • Kyle - He is trying to adjust to 5th grade.  He is very busy playing both flag football and soccer. He so enjoys sports so it makes it fun to watch (exhausting to manage all of the practices).  He also is going to try playing the trumpet so we have purchased our first brass instrument. It was almost the same price as renting. It should arrive next week.
  • Callie has become quite the social butterfly and is very busy taking care of all her babies.  Sometimes we can't sit in the kitchen or living room because every spot is full of babies sleeping!  She pretty much has to take a baby, a purse and a phone with her wherever she goes!
  • On top of the busy sports schedule, we are also leading a fuel group for church. As a church we are going on a 40 day walk together to fuel our faith! 
It has been a lot of craziness with me, of course, catching a nasty cold in the middle of it, but very good!  We are looking forward to enjoying the next four weeks and then celebrating when the schedule slows down.

I also am hoping for some down time to do some planning for my trip to the Bahamas with my mom and sister in November!

No comments: