Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Wow, It has been awhile.

It has been awhile since I have been on here. I just haven't had much to say even my facebook status has been somewhat quiet in the past couple of weeks. I have had some posts but just not as many as usual. So what's been going on ?

First, I started selling stuff that we wanted to get rid through a facebook page with people in the Cedar Valley. Many of my friends have made this their new hobby so I joined in. I have decided that I don't mind the selling process, but the buying process not so fun. ANyway, you post what you have for sale and people comment if they want it. Then you arrange a time for them to meet and pick up the stuff.

Slowly, I started to realize that I actually had a pretty substantial amount of money. The responsibile part of me thought I could pad the budget etc. However, my darling husband suggested that I splurge on something fun. So then began a two week journey trying to decide if I wanted a nook reader, a kindle fire reader, or maybe an ipad.

It was a really hard decision for me (hard for me to part with the money on something just for fun too), but in the end I decided on......

The Kindle Fire
It is not the best of three devices in terms of battery, memory, storage, or screen viewing, but it happened to be the only one of the three devices that met all of the requirements that I wanted so I took the plunge. Of course, then the one I got overheated on the first day while charging, but Amazon quickly replaced it and I am off again.

Other than the fact that even the new one gets a little warm while charging, I am pleased with my purchase. I have had my nose in a book a little too much lately and have had a hard time going to bed, but Jim just laughs and says it is the honeymoon period and that'll wear off. Which reminds me why I love this guy, he was so excited about my purchase and it wasn't even for him. He was just happy for me!


Second, soccer practice has started which makes life a little more hectic lately. Luckily, Jim was able to move his practice time for Conner's team making us only busy on two nights of the week and I don't have to drive both Kyle and Conner.


Third, it has been busy at work. With a special Create A Rhythm event I hosted (helping parents see how easy it can be to add God into their preschooler's life) and Easter coming, there has been a lot of planning to do.


Fourth, Callie is REALLY talking so I spend more time interacting with her. You know..having the same conversation OVER AND OVER. :) Also, Callie has discovered Elmo and Sesame Street. I must confess that i love this. Normally its on while my exercise class is going on, but on Monday morning, we are home and it keeps her entertained!


Fifth, I have started yoga. I still like zumba, but for this season yoga is a perfect fit. It is a stress reliever and it is building strength (I discovered I am quite weak). I have been trying to go for a few more walks with teh ncie weather to compensate for the cardio I am missing. I will probably do a few more zumba classes too, but right now the evenings have been busy (you know with reading books on that new kindle and all! LOL).

Sixth, we have entered a new season in our parenting. Kyle has a best school friend now for the first time and there are a lot of calls to hang out with each other. Atleast once a week and sometimes twice a week they want to get together outside of school at one of their houses. He is a nice young man so I am happy with that. I am sure this will only continue as time goes on!


Well, I could go on and on with everything that is transpiring over here, but I need to make supper and get a few things done so as soon as the kids go to bed, I can spend some quality time with that kindle of mine. LOL :)

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Does that mean you've made your choice?